TINKER’S POINT PATH #2: Cape Canine to the Cribbies in Tors Cove.
Since Father Jocelyn was hiking with us today, we decided to drop off Séb and Amélie at the Mobile trailhead and drive up to Tors Cove to hike back towards Mobile and meet them half-way. Séb plunked Amélie in the backpack and must’ve jogged to Cape Canine, since they managed to get to Nicks Cove before Jocelyn, Évangéline and I met up with them.
Father Jocelyn encouraged her to keep moving forward despite the heat by running ahead, hiding, and taunting her, “I’m hiding, you can’t find me!” She loved it. They literally played escape-hide-and-find all the way from Nick’s Cove to the Cribbies.
Despite the fact that there were only a few hundred metres left to complete Amélie’s third trail, we decided that the harsh sun and the wind hitting us on the open barrens were reason enough to call it a day, and we carried her back to the Tors Cove Church.
- 0.15km (Our house to Alder Hill)
- 1km (Alder Hill to Bears Cove Inn)
- 1.65km (Bears Cove Inn to Tobin Memorial)
- 1.5km (Tobin Memorial to Otter Cove)
- 1km (Otter Cove to Upper Red Cove)
- 0.6km (Upper Red Cove to South Head)
- 4km (South Head to Bay Bulls Trailhead parking lot)
- 3km (Bay Bulls Trailhead to Captain Wayne’s Excursions)
- 5.8km (Captain Wayne’s Excursions to the Bull Head Light)
- 7.2km (Fort Amherst to The Battery)
- 1.3km (Our house to Harrigan’s Grocery & Convenience)
- 3.5km (Harrigan’s Convenience to Camel Cove Beach)
- 1.8km (Mobile Beach to Herring Cove)
- 500m (Deadman’s Bay Trailhead to Lookout Point)
- 4km (Herring Cove to Camel Cove Beach)
- 2.5km (Mobile Beach to Cape Canine)
- 3.3km (Cape Canine to The Cribbies)
- Amélie’s total progress: 42.3km/316km
- Distance walked by the adults today: 5.1km
- Total distance walked by the adults: 80.8km